See what our past students have to say about their NPTI Colorado experience.
Katie B., a recent NPTI Colorado graduate
"I wanted to thank YOU and NPTI for my education and the doors it has
opened for me. I will be traveling again in April to Europe to coach the
National team of South Africa (yes, who knew SOUTH AFRICA had a ski team).
Then I will be on my way to South Africa to travel and coach for the
summer as it is there winter. I am more confident in my coaching on the hill and in the gym now that I
have a good understanding of how the body works and education to back it up.
James Sema - Owner - World Gym – Pueblo
Wanted to express my gratitude as I am well on my way to doing amazing
things, and changing the way athletes think and train.
Please pass my story on to students as they could have the same truly
amazing opportunities with the education that they will get through NPTI.
"We are so impressed with the NPTI graduates we have hired here at the World Gym. They are so knowledgeable and always have new programs to keep it fresh with their clients. Their ability to retain clients is something that makes them stand out compared to trainers from other backgrounds, and it is because they understand the entire business of training and have the knowledge to get their clients results. The NPTI graduates we have at World Gym have seen great financial success due to their experience from NPTI Colorado. We are hoping to hire more NPTI graduates soon.
Darcy B., a recent NPTI Colorado graduate
"I started thinking about being a personal trainer a couple of years ago. I have an undergrad degree in Sociology and wanted to continue my education. I wanted to do what I love, which is anything involving fitness and helping people. I had a couple of friends who got certified online and are personal trainers but I knew that wasn't the route that I wanted to take. A year ago I started researching schools that specialized in personal training and NPTI Colorado popped up. With all of the information that I got about NPTI I took it to my mentor to see what she thought about the school. She has an undergrad degree in exercise sports medicine and has her NSCA -CSCS.
Miles A., Idaho Falls, ID, a recent graduate says:
She encouraged me to attend NPTI because their curriculum was great and I would learn a lot to become a great trainer. I started the program in August and it was the best decision I could have made. After only being a student for a couple
of months I knew that I wanted to work there and have other students have the same wonderful experience that I had. I have now graduated and I am certified through ACE (The American Council on Exercise).
I have gotten more than I expected out of attending NPTI and I am very grateful that I took the leap to go on this journey. I love going to work everyday and I get to be mentor for students who are, in some cases, as anxious I was about "taking the leap" into the fitness industry.
I'd encourage anyone interested in this school to come in and observe a class. Or visit NPTI Colorado's website and see what other grads are saying.
"Since leaving NPTI Colorado, I have come to realize that the education I received there was more valuable then I previously thought. Entering the training workforce I expected for all other trainers to know about as much as I did. I expected the other trainers I worked with to know what to look for when assessing clients and to implement the gathered information into their programs. I was mistaken. NPTI Colorado put me leagues ahead of other trainers that I worked with, not just with training know how, but with the legal know how that goes along with it. The knowledge and hands on experience that you receive at NPTI is invaluable when first entering the fitness industry. I’m so glad I chose to further my knowledge with NPTI and by doing so come into this industry well prepared for the road ahead.
Letter from a 2011 NPTI Graduate to her instructor:
Barbara G., ACSM-PT, NPTI Graduate
"I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate everything you do for the school. I am so thankful to have a teacher that cares. You are such a huge motivation for me. I just want you to know that YOU are what gets me through school. You make class fun and I actually enjoy coming to school. You do so well at explaining things in ways that I can understand. You are such a rockstar for doing what you do!"
From Lori Melchior, NPTI graduate and business owner, Epic Ryde
Lauren J., a recent Colorado Springs graduate
"Graduating from NPTI gave me the knowledge, education and interactive personal training experience to propel me to the next level. NPTI Colorado gave me a solid foundation for my education as a trainer, fitness professional and business owner. The experience and knowledge I learned while I attended NPTI has helped me become a confident leader in the fitness industry regarding personal training and a successful business owner. NPTI prepared me beyond expectations. I feel the curriculum at NPTI provide me with a priceless educational experience and it will for anyone looking to make their footprint in the industry of fitness. Since graduating from NPTI, I have trained at various clubs throughout the Denver metro area and now co-own, operate, and instruct and my own indoor cycling studio called "Epic Ryde, http://www.epicryde.com."
"I recently got a job at Life Time Fitness and I and will be going to training
next week! I'm so excited and appreciative of all of the NPTI instructors who helped make
From Phil W., a recent NPTI Colorado Springs graduate:
At NPTI, I felt challenged and inspired by knowledgeable instructors,
supported by like-minded classmates, and fully prepared to begin an
exciting and meaningful career as a personal trainer!
"I choose NPTI Colorado because there was no institute with the accreditation I was looking for with the real-time, hands-on training I was seeking. I did not want to just talk personal training; I wanted to know what I was talking about and apply it accordingly.
Missy S., a recent NPTI graduate
I believe that NPTI Colorado was the best option for me because I wanted to attend a school that was created for and catered to the modern-day personal trainer. I wanted to be in an environment that taught up-to-date information of the latest techniques and theory.
While attending NPTI Colorado, I learned a lot about the theory and mechanics behind what personal training was all about and some valuable information about the business side of the industry, too. Since I am a visual person, the hands-on or practical portion of training helped me the greatest. Many times I would have an "Ahh-Haa" moment, when I was able to correlate and apply the "Motion to the Notion". I would tell anyone considering a personal training career that NPTI Colorado is a good place to become a well-rounded personal trainer. Trained the right way! I'm heading to Hawaii this summer and I'm taking my NPTI skills with me.
"I just wanted to tell you I had my first client to tonight! It felt so great! I was very nervous going into it because the girl had been working with a personal trainer before and I kept thinking I hope I can give her a hard enough workout! As soon as I met with my client I had her sign/fill out paperwork. She said the trainer before her never had her sign anything!! That was crazy to me. As the session went on all of a sudden an injury 10 years ago came up!! LOL I knew it had to happen! Another thing she said her trainer had her always just using machines and the same thing ever time. I just wanted you to know how much more confident I feel with training already!!
From Muriel Elliott, a recent NPTI Colorado Springs graduate and military veteran
NPTI really makes me feel like I stand out more professionally and know what I'm actually doing. I just had to let you know I feel much better about how NPTI prepared me and how we stand out as true trainers!
Thank you for being such an awesome teacher!! :)
"I'm doing very well, still working with high school students. I researched personal training schools for approximately one year and after a visit to NPTI Colorado there was no doubt in my mind that NPTI was the perfect fit for me. The cost of the school was very affordable and the fact that I could use my VA benefits made the school even more attractive.
From Pat Marques, a recent NPTI Colorado Springs graduate and retired U.S. Army Lt. Colonel
Attending NPTI Colorado is one of the best decisions I ever made. The school not only taught me valuable information about exercise program design, anatomy and physiology, and diet and nutrition. The instructors cared about every student and were committed to helping us succeed. Attending NPTI has benefited me greatly: It prepared me to successful complete national and CEU exams, such as: NSCA-Personal Trainer; ACE-Lifestyle & Weight Management Consultant; and American Academy of
Health and Fitness-Senior Fit. Also NPTI has allowed me to earn residual income by teaching group exercise classes and train individuals part-time. I plan to open a fitness center and NPTI definitely prepared me to accomplish my future goals. The school met all of my expectation and more!! I highly recommend NPTI Colorado to anyone pursuing a career in personal training. I believe,
NPTI Colorado is the best personal trainer school in the world!!!!
"I highly recommend the National Personal Training Institute (NPTI) of Colorado for anyone seeking to start a career in the health and fitness industry. I attended the course shortly after retiring from the military, and it has been one of the top three educational courses I have ever attended, and that includes my 20 years of formal professional military education.
From Toby M., a recent NPTI Colorado Springs graduate and U.S. military veteran
Everything about the course impressed me - the instructors were highly experienced, professional and adept at teaching; the curriculum covered all areas of fitness and exercise to a level most personal
trainers never get; and the practical application was thorough and allowed the time necessary to practice the classroom material in a real gym setting.
I chose NPTI specifically for the curriculum. As I looked at other courses and certifications, NPTI's curriculum was by far the most complete and well balanced. From resistance and cardiovascular training to nutrition to health and fitness assessments, the subjects covered were exactly what
a new personal trainer needs. I wanted to attend a course that helped me become the most well rounded and educated personal trainer I could be, and NPTI does just that.
While I attended the course I volunteered at a local non-profit called LifeQuest Military Transitions as an assistant trainer in their adaptive physical training program for wounded, ill, and injured Soldiers. I was
literally able to utilize the knowledge gained at NPTI every day in group training environments at LifeQuest. After graduating NPTI I began working at LifeQuest and because of the education I received quickly became the Training Operations manager, running the overall training operations as
well as personally training the Soldiers. Due to my education at NPTI, I immediately applied my knowledge in movement mechanics, flexibility, strength and conditioning, nutrition, how to assess postural deviations, and much more.
Probably the most valuable aspect of the NPTI education is the practice one receives. You do not learn in a classroom about how to take someone through a resistance training routine and then do it once in the gym – you practice guiding a client through a workout nearly every day of the course. The value of this cannot be overstated. The practical application of actually training someone that is built into the NPTI curriculum builds experience, competence, and confidence in one's ability to personally train a client. An NPTI graduate is well prepared to take clients immediately after graduation and intelligently and competently improve their health and fitness.
"NPTI was actually my second attempt at going to school to be a personal trainer. I had gone through an on-line program and when I “graduated”. I felt like I had an o.k. knowledge base but still had no idea about how to actually be a trainer. I worked out at 24-Hour fitness and would see the NPTI students training in there and it looked like they knew what they were doing and they had fun doing it.
From Tanner White, a recent NPTI graduate and international student from Canada
NPTI is unlike other schools because you get a chance to actually work with and train people. You can have all the knowledge in the world about exercise and the body but a good trainer also knows how to teach, motivate and connect with people through that knowledge - that is what sets NPTI apart.
Without NPTI, I don’t believe that I would have even made it in the fitness industry. The curriculum,
workouts, and personal attention from industry professionals fully prepares every graduate for a successful career as a personal trainer and on top of that, it’s the most fun I’ve ever had in school.
"I am currently working at a Gold's Gym. After getting my undergraduate degree, I felt like I needed more education directed specifically at fitness training. That is where NPTI came in for me. It was an experience I would be so grateful for.
Jennifer M., a recent NPTI graduate
While at NPTI, I learned more about every aspect of personal training than I ever could have expected. Having half the day for practical and half the day for classroom work is awesome. You put what you
learn in the classroom to work instantly, and with personal training you need to be able to apply your knowledge so that was key.
I am now currently working for a big gym corporation and I feel like I am way ahead in education compared to other trainers. It’s a nice feeling when co-workers come to you for knowledge and/or assistance with something. I highly recommend NPTI to anyone who is wanting to succeed in the world of fitness training!!!"
"When I decided to become a personal trainer, I knew I wanted to be among the best in my field. I wanted to know I was training clients properly and ensuring their safety. I found NPTI Colorado through an internet search and decided to give them a try. The schooling was affordable and the timeline was suitable, unlike other schools I had researched. In fact, since the school is accredited, the cost was covered by my GI Bill!
Nikki Dawson, ACSM-PT, NPTI Graduate
NPTI Colorado gave me everything I needed to succeed as a trainer. They gave me hands-on experience and helped me realize the psychology behind motivating people. The classes were small enough that I got one-on-one attention when I needed it. I always felt comfortable asking questions. The instructors all have years of experience in various fields of training, and are truly top notch! Thanks to NPTI Colorado, I am confident that I can help any client safely achieve his or her goals.
If you want to be one of the best personal trainers in the business and set yourself apart from the rest of the trainers in the field, then NPTI Colorado is the school for you!"
"I discovered my passion for fitness rather late in life and was nervous about how to turn it into my career. NPTI gave me the base and wealth of knowledge I needed to confidently take my place in the fitness world. Not only are the instructors knowledgeable and approachable, they are friendly and welcome students from all walks of life.
My experiences with NPTI are what allow me to take pride in what I do as a personal trainer. After attending NPTI, I passed the ACSM-PT exam with ease and have joined Denver Bariatrics as part of their personal trainer network.
I will never be able to repay NPTI for all that they have given me. Attending NPTI is one of the best decisions I have ever made. If you are looking for the right way to become a personal trainer, look no further than NPTI.
Excerpts from a Letter of Recommendation from
NPTI Colorado Graduate, Steven F., to a student
considering enrollment with NPTI Colorado:
Steven F., NSCA-CPT, NSCA-CSCS, ACSM-CPT, ACE-CPT and NPTI Graduate
"I highly recommend NPTI. It was an excellent experience personally & professionally."
"I came from sales management in the healthcare field looking for a career (not a job)."
"I did my research and found that NPTI would offer me as much or more than going back to school. At NPTI you get both the science and the hands-on experience that you need to be the best personal trainer."
"I made the most of my time during the 6- month course and earned certifications from National Strength and Conditioning Association NSCA-CPT, NSCA-CSCS, American College of Sports Medicine ACSM-CPT, American Council on Exercise ACE-CPT. I was prepared to pass the toughest personal training tests that there are. Every certification I took is the top of their field. NPTI prepared me for those certifications 100%."
"You also mentioned an Internet course. ABSOLUTELY not worth it! You would be better off picking up a copy of NSCA's Essentials of Personal Training. You will learn to be a personal trainer at NPTI Colorado!"
"I have been an in-home personal trainer for over two years now. My 1st year in business I did $55,000 and 2nd year I did over $80,000."
"I highly recommend NPTI Colorado; they got me to where I am today!"
Scott Bettger, NSCA-CPT, NASN-Nutritionist Owner - Lifelong Fitness "The Road Worth Traveling"
Want to know more about Scott’s success story as a personal trainer? See
I first want to start by thanking Phil and the instructors of the National Personal Training Institute of Colorado for the dedication that they all show each and every day. The knowledge and the passion they show for the health industry is what personal training and the fitness industry is all about.
Lindsay Rairdon, NSCA-CPT, Heart Zones CPT, Heart Zones CICI,
Owner-All Together Fitness, LLC
For years I dreamed of owning my own personal training studio and running my own personal training business. In 2004 I became NSCA certified and started doing in home training. I quickly learned that even though I was certified, had a great base for weight training and cardiovascular training I was not comfortable training all types of clients. Clients with neck pain, bulging disks of the spine, shoulder impingements. Clients with hypertension, strokes, cerebral palsy, osteoarthritis and many other types of conditions. I finally realized that more education was needed so I joined and graduated from the NPTI Colorado in the spring of 2007.
NPTI Colorado taught me the physiological and biomechanical aspects of training along with nutrition, how to modify programs for clients with injuries, special conditions as well as for clients of all different fitness levels and of all ages.
I look back now at those six hard months of studying and countless hours in the weight room with a smile on my face and with no regrets. They say when you do something you love that you will never have to work a day in your life. I believe that is true.
Thanks to Phil and all the instructors of the NPTI Colorado!
I encourage anyone interested in becoming a personal trainer to attend the National Personal Training Institute. The six months I spent at NPTI changed my life, not only because I learned how to turn my love for fitness and exercise into a career but also because I had the opportunity to become the kind of person I’ve always wanted to be: confident and out-going.
When I graduated, I felt prepared to be a trainer. I passed the NSCA-CPT exam with flying colors and started my new life. Now that I’ve been out in the “real world” of training, I’m more and more thankful for the preparation and quality instruction I received while at NPTI. My instructor was an exceptional resource concerning the practical aspects of personal training; to this day, I credit him for giving me the confidence to work with senior citizens, people with arthritis, cancer survivors, and clients with cerebral palsy.
NPTI also prepared me to pursue my dream of owning my own personal training business. I haven’t had to work alone: NPTI gave me instant access to a network of qualified, passionate people who are willing to help me whenever I need some extra input and advice.
I am forever thankful for the experiences I had and the wonderful people I met while at NPTI.
Kim Redd, NSCA Certified Personal Trainer, NPTI Class of 2009
I just wanted to thank you for everything you and your staff did for me while being a student at NPTI. You are all so caring and passionate about what you do, it drives the students' desire to want to go as far as they can with what has been given to them during the time spent.
NPTI Lakewood was the best decision I have ever made!!! I have never been in an environment with so much combined knowledge between the instructors - not to mention their sincere desire to help the students succeed. They are all specialists in what they do, it's nice to know that there is always a variety of brains to pick!
I'm so thankful that I decided to attend the weekend class. My instructor has a true heart to see his students go as far as they can. He's very hands on and careful to make sure that his students are the same way. He makes learning the curriculum easy to understand and always made us remember why we were there. He is AWESOME and I feel very fortunate to have such a person to be able to network with as I begin my own journey into the world of training.
Mick McGeady, NSCA-CSCS, ACE-LWMC and NPTI Graduate
"I graduated from NPTI with honors. It was a great experience, and, I believe the only way to go in this profession. Within a month I easily acquired two very prestigious certifications: NSCA-Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and the ACE Lifestyle and Weight Management Consultant. With these two certifications and as a graduate of NPTI, I was hired at the club of my choice, even though the other trainers have years of experience. Those trainers are very good, but my NPTI education actually provides me with a better foundation for working with my clients. I find myself educating my clients in many different ways, and occasionally a trainer.
Now, about the staff at NPTI-FANTASTIC!!! The people in the front office were always cheerful and helpful. The teachers became mentors and friends. The instructors were also true professionals who provided me with hands-on knowledge of how to grow my business. The NPTI president takes it upon himself to make sure that we are not only personal trainers, but fully prepared to be successful in our own businesses.
As one goes through life, there are certain people you will never forget for the impact they have on your life. My instructor was one of those people. Her breadth of knowledge, teaching style, humanity, sense of humor, and professionalism just can not be beat. I hope I can come close to her stature in this profession, a personal trainer can not find a better role model.
Mesfin Felleke , NSCA-CPT and NPTI Graduate
"It gives me great pleasure to share my educational experiences at the National Personal Training Institute of Colorado (NPTI). For those of you who are serious about becoming a successful personal trainer, look no further. Just about a year ago, I literally did the legwork for you, traveling from California to Arizona and from Nevada to Colorado, in my quest to figure out which personal trainer school and why. Today, I am a successful personal trainer working in a locally owned health club in Central California. As a graduate of NPTI and a certified personal trainer (NSC-CPT), I enjoy the prestige of being dubbed as "the point man" for answers to clients' as well as sales staff inquiries on weight loss, nutrition, exercise program design, training methodologies.etc. "
"All credit goes to the National Personal Training Institute of Colorado. The program of study, spanning over six months, of theoretical and practical skills is intense and rigorous. While the lectures given on fitness theories are superb and exceptionally relevant, the high standard of practical training conducted daily in the schools' fully equipped gym is the perfect ground to learn the most current protocols for up and coming personal trainers. The text books and study materials on training and nutrition combined with numerous case studies and muscle practical assignments are designed to ensure the competency of each student to meet the challenges stemming from certification exams and professional obligations. The individual as well as the collective knowledge of the instructors is worth volumes and the anecdotal stories of each instructor in the field is enriching beyond measure."
"The staff of NPTI, from the front desk to the office of the director, is welcoming and highly supportive. The relaxed and fun atmosphere in which all students are encouraged to be themselves without judgment is most conducive for learning. Although it is fun and unpretentious, NPTI demands the highest level of commitment to excellence from all its students for its reputation is invested on each and every graduating student. The portfolio that each graduating student is asked to put together conveys a distinct educational journey and is a persuasive tool of self-promotion to a prospective employer."
"Thus, I strongly urge all future personal trainers to acquire their foundational education in personal training at the National Personal Training Institute of Colorado. When you do, you will have gotten the best education that money can buy. I know I have."
David Corder, NSCA-CPT and NPTI Graduate
"Choosing NPTI was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. Having been a dancer, singer, actor for years I needed a new career. One that involved my love for the physical and would allow me to help the people I cared for. NPTI gave me the tools and the education to fulfill both. The book studies were intense. I felt many times like I was studying to be a doctor. The practical studies were incredible. Taking me from just being "fit" to "extreme athlete."
"After graduating from NPTI I was able to work at The University of Denver as a group fitness instructor and the YMCA hired me on the spot. I have started my own private studio and in the first three months went from "0" income to almost $3000 per month. Thanks to Philippe, the owner, and all of my instructors at NPTI I have a new career that makes me feel great and gives me the time and resources to live life the way I want to."
Alison Eichten, NPTI, AAI / ISMA, CSCS
"My personal experience at the National Personal Training Institute has not only been educational, but lucrative as well. NPTI properly prepared me for NSCA's CSCS exam which I took and passed in early June 2005"
"In late June, I began interning at The University of Denver Ritchie Center in Denver, CO where I refined my abilities as a personal trainer and acquired the skills to manage and organize a personal training operation. I worked closely with Michael Murray learning the in's and out's of administrative work and the art of teaching group classes."
"I gained experience writing athletic conditioning programs and taught several classes including Cycling, Extreme Lift Boot Camp, Athletic Conditioning and Abs. Upon completion of my internship at The Ritchie Center, I was hired as a personal trainer for The Coors Fitness Center and began another internship with the University of Denver's Division I Athletic Department."
"I currently have several regular clients I train twice a week and in November, I began teaching a specialty class in Winter Sport Conditioning."
"As you can see, NPTI truly excels in preparing their students and graduates for success in the world of fitness."
Kris Barrow, NSCA - CPT and NPTI graduate
"My name is Kris Barrow and I graduated from NPTI in October, 2004. I can't say enough about how great my experience was at the school, and how well it prepared me for a career in the personal training industry."
"Since graduation, I have been able to build a solid mobile personal training business in Northern Colorado. My company, B-Fit Mobile Personal Training is currently generating between $6,000 and $7,000 per month and growing. I am also in the process of hiring my first employee, and am looking forward to a great 2006!"
"The education I received at NPTI was top notch. I learned so much, and felt comfortable stepping into the role of a personal trainer and business owner. The instructors at NPTI are some of the best. I am so appreciative of my instructors’ knowledge, professionalism, and enthusiasm that was brought to the table each and every week. My instructor was always there to help and honestly cared about our success in the industry. Another instructor personally inspired me to start my own mobile personal training business. And Phil has been a huge part of my success by continually sharing resources that we as trainers can use on an ongoing basis."
"I would recommend NPTI to anyone looking to start a career as a personal trainer. Thank you NPTI and staff for everything you have done and continue to do, and I look forward to continually working with you in the future."
Roxanne H., NPTI Graduate
"When asked what we wanted to know more about, you responded by bringing in "Dan the Man" ... (an expert on rehabilitative personal training therapies) ... thanks for being so responsive!"
Deborah C., NPTI Graduate
""The class exceeded my expectations and the instructor had very comprehensive knowledge. I was surprised by the depth of the program ... it was much more than I expected."
And here are some random comments from anonymous surveys of students who are enrolled in class today or just about to graduate!"
1. Sara is an amazing teacher! Wow. I have learned so much from her. She loves the subjects she teaches. She has never failed to elaborate on all the Powerpoints. She welcomes questions with open ears and always goes above and beyond to ensure a clear understanding is met. She has never ceased to amaze me with her knowledge and ability to aid any issue or question.
2. Sara always let us know what’s on the agenda next and helps us if we need anything. She makes sure we all know and understand the material. If she does not know the answer, she will always get right back to us. If one of us is unsure about the material she will tell us in another way to make sure it makes sense.
3. Christy is great about following up with the students to make sure we’re doing things correctly (practical time, fitness assessments). She goes above and beyond with additional education. She’s Super Woman!
4. Steven is so engaging, informative, and makes sure that we understand the material. He is so confident. If he does not know the answer, which is seldom, he will do whatever it takes to find the answer. He always takes the time to listen and understand any questions that we may have. He always takes the time to ask if there are any questions on the material we covered before moving on.
5. Heath is a great listener even if the feedback is not 100% positive. He always asking us questions about material we have covered to make sure we “got it”. He has really taken this class from where we were and helped us to flourish. He is one of the most knowledgeable people I have ever met.
6. Heath presents information in such a way that you get excited about it, remember it, and it gets you thinking outside the box. He amazes me every day with something that he ties it in with very practical ideas. He gives each and every one of us his individual attention when one of us has a problem, question, or thought. Graduation will be a sad day because I won’t get to see him in action on a daily basis!
7. This course is what you make it. There’s a lot of information and the teachers are very knowledgeable. Needs some tweaking but it’s a great course … what course or school doesn’t need some tweaking?
8. The teachers are the BEST part of the classes. The instructors are so good.
9. This course fit perfectly to my schedule. Some things were rushed but I got everything I feel I need to pass the test after six months at NPTI Colorado.
10. All my instructors kicked a**. They have a ton of knowledge and are very willing to share. Their education and background is amazing. They were very informative, patient, and calm when it came to our loud, outspoken, argumentative class! They are a world of knowledge and taught us well.
11. Heath is always walking around and helping to correct form and add new exercises. He is the best instructor.
12. Christy is very personable. She is very good about keeping things on track and running smoothly. She has students demonstrate the exercises and ensures that everyone understands before moving on.
13. I came into this course wanting knowledge. I got knowledge! Lots of it.
14. Great information! I wish it was nine months instead of six months.
15. I really love this program. I learned so much. There is a ton of work that is packed into this course. However, it is valuable information and it is well worth it. The instructors are great here. They bring their many different backgrounds and real life experiences to the classroom. I really didn’t know what to expect before I started. But being in it and hearing what others outside of the school say about it far exceeded my expectations.
16. This course met my overall expectations and is better than I ever imagined.
17. For a six month course, this was not a university course but then it’s not supposed to be a four year course. It was a great length to cover the basics and allows us to further be educated in the field. I feel very confident to enter the field as a trainer. I’m still working on my future goals but this has been a GREAT step in the right direction. Many thanks to my instructors and to the NPTI office administration.
18. I have learned more than I would have ever imagined. I really look forward to using and applying the information. My instructors were amazing.
19. The course content was a lot to take in but it was well worth it. This course covered all we need to know to be successful in this career field and then some. This course challenged me and taught me all I need to know.
20. My instructors are obviously dedicated professionals and do an outstanding job!
21. I wanted a school that has high quality standards and that is exactly what I found at NPTI. I wanted a thorough curriculum and taught as efficiently as possible in such a short time frame (six months) and I got that, too. The course content was right on track in my opinion. I really want to thank my instructors for their ability to put this information into “real life” and for their positive energy.
22. This course has given me more than enough knowledge to feel 10 times more confident in being a personal trainer. I have learned so much from my instructors. They are both so knowledgeable and passionate about their jobs.
23. I’ve learned a lot. I’m very happy and excited to share my knowledge as well as apply it. Thanks, Phil, for sharing your wisdom and experiences. I learned so much about business from you. Thanks to all the instructors for their patience.
24. This course really met my expectations. I don’t think any of the course content should be removed. Thanks to all Darcy and Keely for keeping us all positive and motivated!
25. I think I have received way more information than I initially thought I would. Not sure where I am going from here, but I feel that I will be ready when the time comes because of this course. Jenn, you are such a great teacher. I learned so much from your classes in the short amount of time that I was in the day class. David, thanks for putting up with all of us. I know we were a tough bunch and not always fair with you. You’ve been a great instructor!
26. Steven is enthusiastic and ABSOLUTELY meets my expectations in the practical. You rock, Steven. Keep being yourself.
27. Steven is the best teacher at this school. He is very knowledgeable and confident. He’s a great listener. And Steven, I think your drawings are amazing!
28. I have learned a lot of new things from my instructor and I have been able to apply them in the practical. He is full of facts and personal experiences and is always willing to share. I’m so glad I came to school here and not any of the other places I looked at who have personal training, and massage therapy, and all kinds of other stuff I don’t care about.
29. I always have fun when Christy is teaching. She is always helping out. She made me feel at ease when I was testing out. She helped me feel more confident in my abilities. I am so ready to be a personal trainer.
30. I’d set Jenn up to speak with Obama if he wanted to speak fitness.
31. Jenn is the best teacher I have ever had! She makes class so much fun. I have never learned so much from one person.
32. (Under the category “The instructor is enthusiastic”) Energy level that can’t be matched.
33. I like that she repeats and is willing to spend extra time when needed. Even on Friday morning. :)
34. (Under the category, “The Instructor is Confident) _ X _ STRONGLY AGREE / A ++++++++
35. Jenn keeps everyone engaged and interested. She also gives a lot of opportunity for questions and feedback. Her enthusiasm makes a huge difference in the attitude and morale of the class.
36. I have learned so much in the practical from Jenn. She explains everything very clearly. As well as demonstrates. Then asks to make sure we understand. She also observes to make sure we are doing everything correctly.
37. Jenn is very friendly and approachable. I think she does a great job controlling the class and keeping everyone engaged. She really knows her stuff! You can tell that Jenn is very passionate about what she does.
38. Jenn is very good at letting you know if you are doing something wrong or could hurt yourself or someone else.
39. I appreciate that Jenn is able to teach students with different learning styles very well. She is an excellent instructor. She should teach other instructors how to teach.
40. Jenn is awesome! She makes the class go by fast and keeps it interesting.
41. Jenn offers very useful information and the reasoning behind it.
42. My instructor states specifically that each phase is being taught and to learn that phase, not to achieve partners’ overall goals.
43. Jenn is good about getting everyone’s attention and a lot better at saying the plans for the day and week now.
44. Jenn is very good at using real life examples to help us understand more.
45. In 19 out of 20 surveys, Sara scored “Strongly Agrees” in the categories: Approachable, Personable, Authoritative, Knowledgeable, Confident, Effective Communicator, and Good Listener.
46. Sara always makes sure that we are listening and she makes sure that we all know and understand the material. If Sara does not know the answer, she will get right back to us. She is very knowledgeable and rarely does not know the answer.
47. Sara is very resourceful. She goes above and beyond with additional education. Sara is Super Woman!
48. Heath is very informative, engages the class, and makes sure we understand the material. He is very confident. If he doesn’t know the answer, he’ll do whatever it takes to find the answer. He is a very excited speaker and gives appropriate examples of most topics. He takes the time to listen and understand any questions that we may have. He always checks to see that we all understand or if we have any questions before he moves on.
49. Heath does an excellent job of showing proper technique and gives helpful tips on how to better perform an exercise.
50. I love it that Heath always asks at the beginning of the lecture if we have any questions about the previous lecture. He really loves what he does and what he is teaching about. Heath has really taken this class to a different level and allowed us to as well.
51. Heath amazes me everyday with something and then he ties it in with very practical ideas. Heath gives each and every one of us his individual attention and when one of us has a problem, question, or thought, he addresses it thoroughly.
52. Heath absolutely meets my expectations in the practical. He brings to our attention even the smallest tweaks to make sure we maximize our full potential. Heath is the bomb.